When is Teen Reach Adventure Camp?
T.R.A.C. is sponsored by CrossRoads Nazarene Church and takes place just a few hours north of Phoenix.
2018 Girl’s camp June 14th – 17th
2018 Boy’s camp July 12th – 15th
What is the cost of Teen Reach Adventure Camp?
The camper application gives information on funding. It is estimated to cost $400.00 per camper to attend; however, through fundraising efforts and a grant opportunity, it is our desire to have the camp fully funded. We don’t want cost to be a concern when it comes to getting a teen to camp. Please check the contact information below to contact Sandy, our Child Placement Coordinator, for more information.
All applicants who have attended RFKC or T.R.A.C. have first priority if their applications are turned in prior to May 15th, 2018. New applicants will be on a waiting list and will fill in the available spots on a first come first served basis until the FINAL DUE DATE of June 1st, 2018.
For Information Contact:
Child Placement Coordinator:
Important Information About Camp
T.R.A.C. (TEEN REACH ADVENTURE CAMP) is a camp experience especially designed for youth in foster care who have likely experienced abuse, abandonment and neglect. The goal of each camp is to spend quality time with each teen, encouraging them to respect themselves and others, work as a team, have fun, be safe and make a difference.
- Each camp is single gender, removing many behavioral issues due to puberty. Every camp has a behavioral specialist who works proactively to avoid behavioral issues that may arise.
- Each camp provides safe and appropriate supervision. Every precaution will be taken to protect teens from harm.
- Volunteers must complete an interview, background check, and mandatory training to comply with state requirements for working with adolescents. Counselors are paired with two teens. If possible, teens will be paired with their counselors from Royal Family Kid’s Camp.
- Each three-day camp gives teens many opportunities to excel. Some activities may include woodworking/art projects, animal handling/care, horseback riding, hiking, archery,and games/sports.
- Every camp has medical personnel available to administer first aid and medication to teens as directed by their physicians. Meds will be kept with the camp nurse in a safe,locked, confidential location. MEDICATIONS MUST BE IN ORIGINAL PRESCRIPTION BOTTLES FROM PRESCRIBING PHYSICIAN. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO GIVE MEDICATION VACATIONS.
- Every youth is offered complete confidentiality. No volunteers will bring cameras except for the camp photographer who will take pictures for each teen’s photo album, including a picture of each teen with their counselor and of camp activities. Our counselors are instructed not to exchange addresses, phone numbers or email addresses with any teen. All T.R.A.C. promotional videos/pictures will be edited for confidentiality by blocking outfaces.
- Chandler T.R.A.C. is a not-for-profit ministry. We operate by volunteer hours and funds committed to running this program. If you would like to make a charitable donation to T.R.A.C., please use the Donate button on the side of this page. If you’d rather donate with a check, please make them payable to CrossRoads Nazarene Church with T.R.A.C. written in the memo, and mail to CrossRoads Nazarene Church, 2950 West Ray Rd,Chandler, AZ 85224. You will receive a charitable contribution receipt to submit with your tax return.